President Biden signed the FORMULA Act, which will temporarily suspend baby formula tariffs and other regulatory measures that made the formula shortage worse. Footage emerged of Sen. Josh Hawley showing off his speed in the U.S. Capitol. Meanwhile, agencies issued new regulations ranging from high chairs to hot air balloons.
On to the data:
- Agencies issued 44 final regulations last week, after 72 the previous week.
- That’s the equivalent of a new regulation every three hours and 49 minutes.
- With 1,748 final regulations so far in 2022, agencies are on pace to issue 3,121 final regulations this year.
- For comparison, there were 3,257 new final regulations in 2021, President Biden’s first year, and 3,218 in 2020, President Trump’s final year.
- Agencies issued 41 proposed regulations in the Federal Register last week, after 39 the previous week.
CONTINUE READING AT: CEI.ORG